Friday, June 11, 2010

Smiles!

It was a great day - my baby boy smiled for the first time, and it was at his big brother. I think this is a good sign of what is to come for them. These are the days that you just want to hold onto forever, even if you are sleep deprived and can't remember when you ate last :)

Grady and I were getting Anson changed and dressed for the day. We do it on the floor so Grady can help. I have been using that time to give him a little tummy time each morning. BTW, he has no complaints at all - seems to enjoy it just fine. Well today, he was on his tummy and Grady was right in his face (of course - where else would he be!?) and Anson looked right at him and smiled this huge smile. It was definitely a real smile, and it lasted quite a while. And if this smile was any indication, he has inherited the giant open mouth smile that Grady and I have. A few minutes later he gave me a quick smile when he was on the changing table. And he gave Daddy an almost-smile this evening. Smiles at 3 weeks old!? Maybe he WILL be a lot like Grady!



Some recent pictures of the boys...

Anson sleeping in the swing - we still don't turn it on - just seems like "too much" for a tiny guy

IMG_9222

my "little porkchop", as I sometimes call him (mainly because he's already a lot chubbier than G was)

IMG_9224

My beautiful boy

IMG_9225

goof-ball

IMG_9228

I liked his outfit, so I was trying to get a picture - he was being silly

IMG_9229

he likes the heat - if I bring him outside (in the shade, of course) he'll sleep and sleep

IMG_9230

IMG_9231

I brought G to Touch-a-Truck last weekend - a big hit!

IMG_9233

IMG_9234

the beloved excavator

IMG_9235

"Grady - pretend you are dirt"

IMG_9239

IMG_9240

IMG_9241

IMG_9243

IMG_9245

IMG_9246

IMG_9250

ambulance - we were talking on the headsets

IMG_9251

not my tiniest boy but still smaller than a tractor wheel

IMG_9252

IMG_9253


No comments:

Post a Comment