Monday, June 6, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I posted a few pictures of Grady from last weekend, but I thought I would post the rest and do a quick little recap of our holiday weekend. On Saturday we went to "Freedom Weekend Aloft", a huge festival in our town that includes hot air balloon rides (though we did not partake). They have lots of rides, some big names playing music, and lots of food. I did not remember my camera, but Eric took a few with his phone.

Grady wanted to do this so badly, and he had a blast - they roll around in this big ball in a pool of water. Crazy!


IMG00189-20110528-1645[1]

Me and the boys with the giant banana (mascot of a regional grocery store). Not sure if G is yawning or what.

IMG00190-20110528-1653[1]

Grady was SO excited about the live music - here we are enjoying it

IMG00192-20110528-1739[1]

It's cool because this is right at our local park, but we get a lot of big names - Willie Nelson is coming in a couple weeks!

IMG00194-20110528-1740[1]

On Sunday we had our neighborhood pool party, which was tons of fun. We love our neighbors!

Eric and Anson

IMG_1146

Me and Ans

IMG_1150

IMG_1152

IMG_1153

IMG_1154

I posted the cute ones of G in the post about him being 4.5.

Monday morning we went out to breakfast, which I always love to do. Unfortunately, by Monday afternoon G had come down with a pretty high fever (103). It lasted about 48 hours, he didn't even really feel sick, and he never got any other symptoms. I have no idea what that was about!

This past week was a little tough. I wasn't feeling so great (though I think I am really starting to turn the corner), it was about a million degrees (OK, about 100), and we had no real plans. This week we already did the butterfly garden, and we have 2 Kindermusik classes starting (a sibling class and a pre-piano class for G). Next week we also have zoo camp and church camp for G. So we have lots coming up now!

1 comment:

  1. I miss Freedom Aloft! Looks like you guys had such a fun time!! And I can't believe how Anson - while looking like his own person - looks a lot like Grady! So cute.

    ReplyDelete