Sunday, May 20, 2012

Preschool - then and now

Grady has been at Grace Covenant for preschool for 3 great years. When he started there he was an only child (I wasn't even PG yet!), and now he has 2 little siblings. Our family has changed so much in that time and so has he. Now he reads (super well!), writes (doing quite well after working on it a lot this year), plays soccer, swims for real, and does so many other things he didn't do when he started there as a 2 year old baby (really - he was just a baby!). He had AMAZING teachers that have touched his life forever and will not be forgotten, especially this year. I will have 2 more children go through that school, and we go to church there too, but it was still with a heavy heart (and a few tears) that we walked out the door that last day. As his last school days were winding down, I kept thinking of this picture I had taken so long ago, on his very first day of preschool, when the adventure was just beginning. And I kept thinking how there was one more that had to be taken, as the adventure drew to a close. So here you are - preschool then and now (check out the backpack - it's the same!)... September 2009 Copy of IMG_7187 May 2012 IMG_3326 It's the end of an era in my mind, but new adventures are just beignning for my little G! I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment