Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Now We Are Six

Now We Are Six by A.A. Milne

When I was one I had just begun
When I was two I was nearly new

When I was three I was hardly me
When I was four I was not much more

When I was five I was just alive
But now I am six, I'm as clever as clever;

So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.


IMG_0958

Grady is six now, and I have a feeling that great adventures await him this year! Over the past year he got a new sister, who he ADORES! He started Kindergarten, he played soccer in the spring and the fall (like a rockstar), and he performed in several plays. He started reading chapter books, helped put a front porch on his playhouse, and went to the circus. He made a trip up to Massachusetts to visit with Nana, went to the beach in Hilton Head (where he caught crabs and sea stars, went on a dolphin cruise, and built lots of sandcastles), and went RVing to the Smoky Mountains.

He is doing very very well in school. I get lots of great feedback from his teachers, see lots of great work come home (like multiplication and division, as well as maps of every continent), and hear great stories about new friends.

He is a great big brother, especially to Camille. She is his princess. He is kind to her every day in every way.

Grady has made us so very proud in this past year, in so many ways. We are really excited to see what will happen in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment