Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

We celebrated Valentine's Day BIG TIME this year! It was so filled with craftiness, treats, and love! Unfortunately, I have very few pictures to document it, but I will give you an idea of some of our fun. It started on February 1 when Grady got his first "love mission". It was a little slip of paper in a red envelope with a heart on the front. He continued to get one each day until V-Day. They included things like "play a game with your brother that he picks out" and "tell a friend something you like about them". He loved it and completed each one. On the actual day we started with homemade heart-shaped (healthy) pop tarts

IMG_1392

The kids each had a little bag of treats, and I had a few cards from them. Camille loved her new bear! She carried it all day and still plays with it lots.

IMG_1397

Grady and Anson each had school and brought cards for their friends. I was actually in charge of the party for Anson, which was fun. He was so excited to see me and enjoyed his treats so much. Grady had a class party (no parents) and then a Valentine's party for parents that afternoon. He showed me around his class, we ate some treats, and he gave me a beautiful heart pillow that HE SEWED HIMSELF! Yes, that's right. Got to love Montessori. My 6-year-old son can sew. For real. That evening we had a special treat after dinner - whoopie pies that Mama and Grady made from scratch. So yummy!

It was a wonderful day to share with my favorite little people and my one favorite big person.

No comments:

Post a Comment