Friday, March 19, 2010

Fun at the Bakery

It kills me that I didn't have my camera with me this morning because Grady and I had the BEST time at the library! We do all sorts of free events there - crafts, music, stories, even special parties. But this was the first time we had ever done one of their "Let's Pretend" days. This time it was Let's Pretend at the Bakery, and it was so well done! Grady had a blast and really did NOT want to leave. First they read a few stories about baking and sang a few songs about it. Then each child got a few pieces of play bakery food and had to go match their food with the proper spot on the shelf at the "bakery" (a whole pretend store they had set up!). Grady got all three of his matches very easily. Then they got play money to spend at the store and could take turns being customers and people that worked there. They also had crafts set up (decorate your own foamy cookies) and an area to pretend to bake. Grady just wanted to endlessly do the pretend baking. He was whipping up all sorts of stuff. But I do have to mention one funny thing. He was so excited that he was practically running from the table to the oven, and at one point he almost knocked over the play oven and fell over himself. So he says "that's OK - sometimes bakers fall down". I was cracking up, as were all of the moms who heard him say it.

Anyway, it is a gorgeous day here - almost 80 already. So hopefully we will be outside after naptime. But I just had to share our fun morning with you all, even if I did forget my camera. I really should learn to always bring it with me wherever I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment