Monday, March 15, 2010

A New Blog!

Because we will be welcoming a new addition to the family in about 2 months, I figured it was a good time to start a new blog. There is a link here (on the sidebar) to the old blog, so you can still access the old posts if you want to. This format will also make it easier for me to share more fun pictures, videos, and memories!



In honor of the new blog, I need to do some catching up. I got quite behind while I was sick with pneumonia. We have been doing lots of fun things in the past few days, now that we are all feeling better! Saturday we took Gaga and Grady to the science center where he got to do so many fun things - pet a chinchilla, a snake, and a turtle; hold baby mice; pick things from the garden; touch all sorts of sea creatures in the touch tank; watch a "blacksmith" making forks on the living history farm, and lots more! The weather was beautiful so we did the inside and outside stuff. Then we headed to a local bakery/cafe for lunch and a sweet treat. Saturday night we all took Grady to Bonefish Grill to celebrate Eric's recent bonus and raise (go Dada!). Grady was so good, as he always is at restaurants. He ate almost all of his fish and was just flirting with all of the waitresses.

Sunday morning we dropped Gaga at the airport and then headed to Lake Conestee, which is a nature preserve near our house. It was a beautiful morning, and we just walked on the trails while Grady rode his bike like a champ! We also saw beavers swimming by the shore, ducks, geese, and turtles. The leaves are FINALLY coming out on the trees! It is late for us, I guess because of the chilly winter. But this great weather we have been having has caused everything to bloom. The cherry blossoms and dogwoods are even all flowering!

So we head to Florida in only 5 days! I just hope it is warm. It is looking like it will only be about the same temps as here (high 60's/low70's) but the beach is beautiful either way and we have a heated pool at our house. Plus there are tons of other fun things to do in the area, as long as it is sunny and nice, which it looks like it will be.

This week is super busy! I have my 28 week OB appointment (after this I go every 2 weeks) and my gestational diabetes test (YUM!). We have dinner with Eric's boss tonight (with Grady too). Grady also has gymnastics AND a make-up class from when he was sick. Of course he has schoool on Tuesday and Thursday. One of those days I volunteered to bring in a special "farm snack" since they are doing a farm theme this week. I also have to go back to the regular doctor so they can check to be sure the pneumonia is all gone. And I have G signed up for a special "Let's Pretend" class at the library where the theme is bakery (he is going to LOVE that!). On top of all of that I need to pack for Florida and keep working on the nursery! My gosh are we busy!

Speaking of nursery, the furniture is in so I will post pictures very soon. I am loving how it looks!

I'll just post the pictures I have from the past week or so.



These are from G's gymnastics class - they are blury because parents have to stay behind an observation window so I couldn't use the flash. They were just stretching out, but I think they are just so cute! He had class again this morning and perfected SO many new skills! I guess he was just having a really good day. They actually keep track of the skills they perfect, and once they get all 20 they move to the next level. It will be fun to see how many stars he gets for his chart at the next class!

IMG_8513

IMG_8515

A few pictures of Grady enjoying his huge lollipop after dinner one night. It was in the Valentine's Day goodie bag I did for him.

What a ham!

IMG_8530

I love his big blue eyes

IMG_8521

IMG_8522

Grady watering our daffodils. I wish I had gotten the early blooming type because a lot of our neighbor's daffodils are already fully blooming. But ours are coming up fast!

IMG_8531

IMG_8535

Petting the turtle at the science center

IMG_8537

Watching the loud bird

IMG_8540

Holding some tiny mice!


IMG_8541

IMG_8542

Griding corn which he got to feed to the chickens on the living history farm

IMG_8543

Radishes that he picked from the farm!

IMG_8545

IMG_8546

No comments:

Post a Comment