Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Being half Irish (Grady is about half too since Eric is also Irish), I definitely like to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. So far Grady and I are having a fun day. He's wearing his "Mom's Lucky Charm" shirt. We made a handprint shamrock from my new favorite kid's craft/activity blog, and we also made Shamrock Smoothies. The recipe came from his National Geographic Little Kid magazine he gets from Nana. I have to say, it is a great recipe! It has a whole CUP of spinach in it, and Grady drank more than half of the batch. He loved it because it also has banana, kiwi, yogurt, and frozen green grapes. I also found out he loves frozen green grapes on their own, so there's a new snack idea! I plan on making these every week, I think. I need the spinach for iron and what toddler couldn't use more green veggies? It's perfect!

This afternoon we are headed to Grady's make-up gymnastics class. Then I am going to make Shepherd's Pie tonight for dinner. I am actually making it with beef (which I very rarely eat) so there is some more iron for me! I think it should be yummy.

So we leave for FL in 3 days - lots to do - I haven't even started to pack! EEEK!

Here are a few pictures of Grady enjoying our St. Patty's Day festivities :)

Making handprint shamrocks

IMG_8559

IMG_8560

IMG_8561

finished product - he is always so proud of his creations

IMG_8562

IMG_8564

Making the Shamrock Smoothies - he measured out the frozen grapes

IMG_8565

looking so cute

IMG_8567

He freaking LOVES yogurt

IMG_8569

IMG_8570

Look how green! This is before we blended.

IMG_8571

He couldn't WAIT to try it. We had it with lunch too.

IMG_8574

Hope all of you (Irish or not) have a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. That's funny... we got the Little Kid magazine too and I was wondering about that recipe yesterday... now I've gotta try it! Congratulations on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete