Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Some BIG news about Baby Bean

I had my OB appointment this morning and it turns out I most definitely have cholestasis. Turns out my blood levels for bile are super high. That's the main test they use to diagnose you. I am so happy it was diagnosed this time, though I shudder to think that Grady could have died since it was never diagnosed the first time. Apparently there have even been cases of still birth because of the condition right here in Greenville, so my OB is very on top of it! So I had my non-stress test this morning, which all looked fine. I will have those Tuesday and Friday this week and next. Then, the following Monday (at a little over 37 weeks) I will have to have an amnio to check the baby's lung development. As long as his lungs are good (and the doctor thinks they will be) I will be induced the next morning - May 18th! I am shocked! That is only 2 weeks from today!! Technically 37 weeks is a bit earlier than that, but because they had moved my due date up so much, based on my early u/s, the doctors want to do it a few days later, just to give him some more time. I also had an u/s to check on fluid levels and got to see him in 4D! I have never gotten to see that before, so it was really cool. I'll post a picture I got below - it is amazing! I will get to see him on u/s a couple more times before he gets here too. Looks like I will be living at the OB's office for the next 2 weeks.

So I have mixed emotions about it all. On the upside, the baby is being monitored and will be kept safe. I am also VERY happy that we can plan better for Grady. On the downside, I am being induced on Grady's last day of school. They have a big fun water day on the playground, and I had planned on going. Then they have a pizza picnic the next day. I want to be there, but
at least Grady can still go!

Here is the 3D picture - does he look like Grady? HAHA!

3D ultrasound at 35 weeks-crop

No comments:

Post a Comment